Monday, May 27, 2013

A Simple Answer for Many Questions of Learning English Literature

Why in English literature major, the students are asked to learn literary criticism? Why are we asked to think in their notions? Why are we asked to criticize others works? Why are we asked to questions the ideology of everything? These questions surrounded my mind. I questioned aims of literary criticism. In the middle of my questions I found an answer for every question, yeah, a simple answer. I think, literature teach us to be more sensitive, to be able to think in other thoughts. So that it makes us wiser, not directly judge people based on our opinion, but considering every hidden possibility. Yeah, finally I start to feel a benefit of learning English literature. I hope I can apply it in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment